We can all do with a little bit more relaxation to take us away from the stresses of our daily lives.
Here is a simple technique to help you relax. It only takes a few minutes and you will gain most benefit if you can make it part of a daily routine.
You can do this sitting down, standing up or lying. If you are lying down, put your arms away from your sides, palms upwards. Either keep your legs straight or bend your knees so that your feet are flat on the floor or bed.
If you are sitting, place your arms on the arms of the chair if it has them and place your feet flat on the floor.
• Draw your breath deep into your stomach, without straining.
• Breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth.
• Breathe in gently and regularly and count to five.
• Gently let the breath out, counting to five again.
• Keep this up for a minimum of three minutes.
For a real stress-buster why not book a massage with Sam Baggott.
Contact Sam on 01452 539751 or 07788 425634 for an appointment or take a look around the website therapybysambaggott.co.uk