Well, not quite, but I do have something that can help if you have a cough or cold getting you down. A face massage can be a great aid to clearing congestion and your sinuses.
Here’s how the various types of face massage work:
• In between your eyes. You can feel the ridge where your eyebrows come together just above the bridge of your nose. Massaging this point helps mucus
secrete properly, preventing your sinuses drying up or becoming inflamed. It also relieves pressure on the frontal sinuses.
• Either side of your nostrils. Massaging here enables the sinuses to drain effectively and eases any discomfort you might be experiencing. It will also help with circulation.
• The bridge of your nose. Specifically at the very top of your nose, where it connects with the ridge of the eyebrows. This has the effect of waking up your eyes by relieving pressure behind them.
• Under your cheeks. This is an area that can be quite tender and is located almost directly below your pupils. This will release pressure from the associated sinuses as well as easing any pain you might be experiencing in your cheeks or inside your mouth.
• The philtrum. This can be found just under your nose, the little groove on your top lip. Press in and upwards towards the nose to activate this area.
• Your eyebrows. Putting pressure on this area is an old shiatsu technique for relieving pressure behind your eyes.
If you feel you’d like to experience a facial massage then contact me, Sam Baggott, on 01452 539751 or 07788 425634 and I’ll talk you through the benefits of this technique.
Think of what you could save on tissues alone!